10/28/2008

In the desert

Lately I've been in a quite creative phase when it comes to songwriting. Some weeks I wrote on new ideas almost everyday. But since our last gig it just stoped. The blood didn't cross the singwriting-vein and everything gets quite frustrating. I want to write but the ideas simply doesn't arrive. I go from the guitar to the piano to the computer to create a beat or something but no good comes out. And tonight I had the same feeling, you know, sitting by my apple with my sixstring trying to come up with an fresh idea. But nothing. Some might wanna explore the desert, but I don't. I want the rainforests, the ocenas the colours, the sky...

After playing some old tune I wander over to the piano and suddendly, from a blank mind, an idea is born. I've tried the same chords before but it took me nowhere. It's a strange feeling when you know the basic of writing but still you can't write.

I don't know if it's something good enough, coming out tonight, but at least it took me somewhere for a brief moment. My wife told me that it was beautiful though, so maybe.

/J

1 comment:

  1. And it truly was! You are such a talented songwriter, I'm proud of you honey! And I will keep on comment on your blogposts 'til someone else does. Love

    E

    ReplyDelete